Friday, December 30, 2005

job 7:11-20 is the theme passage for today.

I cannot keep from speaking. I must express my anguish. I must complain in my bitterness. Am I a sea monster that you place a guard on me? If I think, "My bed will comfort me, and I will try to forget my misery with sleep," you shatter me with dreams. You terrify me with visions. I would rather die of strangulation than go on and on like this. I HATE MY LIFE. I do not want to go on living. Oh, leave me alone for these few remaining days! What are mere mortals, that you should make so much of us? For you examine us every morning and test us every moment. Why won't you leave me alone-- even for an instant? Have I sinned? What have I done to you, Oh God, that you torture me thus? Why have you made me your target?
Have I become a burden to you?



NLT

No comments: