Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weight Watchers is the best thing ever



So today I went back to Weight Watchers for the first time in 3 weeks... and I have to say I actually missed it. For those of you who have talked to me about my whole weight loss journey you will know I am a huge WW fan now. There's really no substitute for a good diet and exercise, and I like how the resources help me to make healthy choices. I like the camaraderie too; hearing other peoples' stories is helpful and interesting and having a "weigh-in" every week keeps you motivated.

I lost about 30 pounds and I've kept it off about 6 weeks, which isn't a ton, but it's encouraging because it isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Plus I feel great. I wasn't able to exercise much before because of the general busyness of remodeling and planning a wedding. But I noticed when I went back to the gym that things I thought would be difficult were actually fairly easy. On our honeymoon I woke up early one day and ran three miles without having run in several months. So that was a really good feeling. Over the weekend, Matt and I went on a 7-mile hike with my parents and it was fun, not painful.
So my next goal is just to get more physically fit. Matt and I are trying to go to the gym every week day but it's difficult to stay motivated. So I think I am going to enter an event, since it always helps me to have a goal in mind. There's a 10k coming up (the Human Race- it's the Nike one), and I want to run it. It's the 31st of August and it's about 2x the length of what I can run now, so it should be a doable challenge.
So ask me how I am doing with this when you see me. And more importantly, if you want to run it with me, tell me. I'm trying to get Matt on board, but I don't know how that will pan out. I'll run it alone if I have to, but it sure would be nice to have some company...

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I spilled a cup of coffee on my skirt this morning (which is what I get for not wearing an apron) and I think it's been soaking in chemicals for about 30 minutes now, which is probably worse for the fabric than the original spill.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Anonymous said...

Exactly how long is 10K? In miles i guess.

~Ash

Anonymous said...

Oh and BTW, you look great. The pictures really show your success.

~Ash

Unknown said...

30 lbs is GREAT Ciara! I am proud of you!

beatlesxforxsale said...

I think it's around 6. Why? Want to run it with us?

Jon said...

6.2 miles!

K said...

I'm sad that my wedding photo has to be the "before" picture, but I'm so glad that you made your goal in time for your wedding! You really do look amazing Ciara!