Wednesday, November 03, 2010

An Addendum

One of the reasons I am so jazzed about Kisa's new sleep schedule is because I finally have the opportunity to get up before my daughter if I want. This was never a possibility before because she either: a) woke up before 6:30 or b) woke up when she heard me or Matt get up since she slept in our bed.

The timing of this really couldn't be better, cause it lets me have some lead time in the morning to have a quiet time and exercise. (I was just telling my dad and Emiko on Sunday that I'm having to adapt my workout routine to account for the rain. I have been jogging/walking most mornings, which works really well for both me and Kisa, but I know that won't be a possibility as we move toward winter.) Now I can get up early and work out indoors, which is ridiculously awesome.

I have spent the last week or so catching up on a year plus of missed sleep, but I was feeling well rested this morning and got up early to hit the gym (aka my living room with my set of dusty weights). Unfortunately for me, I seem to have some kind of mild stomach bug, and I couldn't bring myself to finish the routine.

Luckily today is a GORGEOUS day, so Kisa and I walked to the library instead and played on the playground. It was fun, and one of the first times I've been to a playground with her, since she is just now developing the necessary skills to actually play on one. I have discovered that she really, REALLY likes slides. Or maybe she just likes squealing when sliding down them.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds really freeing. I hadn't thought about what it would be like to have her be awake right at the same moment you are...

P.S. my verification word is "angst"... I'm glad you are now angst free. :)