Sunday, July 08, 2007

shakira shakira

I can't sleep. Oh, I wish I could... but I can't.
So here I am blogging instead.
I worked very early this morning and even though I didn't drink any caffeine I am not tired. Which will probably last right up until I get to church and plop down in the pew. Then I'll be exhausted and fall asleep during the sermon. I predict.
So, work has been okay lately except for one little thing. Today my favorite friend from work is leaving our store to work at Sylvan. It's a good thing for her because she got a well-deserved promotion. But it's a bad thing for me 'cause she has kinda been my mentor/buddy for the whole time I've been there. I'm sure I will get to see her plenty, but our store really won't be the same without her there, and that is sad. :(
Hmm. What else...?
There is really nothing going on in my life right now. Matt and I went to look for apartments the other day. For us and our coming baby, Pansy Tarragon Owen/Hartzell to "live in sin" in together until we can make it legit. Haha, just kidding. Man I'm hilarious. It's for him and Nate. They might possibly/probably be living together soon (hopefully I'm not spilling the beans on that one, we told the SW Hills Community Group so I think the cat's pretty much out of the bag already). Anyway, that was a kind of fun and interesting experience...
Oh yeah, we watched The Constant Gardener yesterday. It was pretty okay. Kind of predictable, and the camerawork sometimes made me nauseous, but the acting was alright and it captured my attention for the most part. So it was alright. I think I recommend it.
Ashby, did you go to the theater and see Evening yet?

8 comments:

Ashby said...

Oh my gosh! The whole time I was reading this, I felt like you were writing a letter just for me...I laughed really hard at the part about Pansy Teragon, and I got really excited at the part about the Constant Gardener (I love Rachel Weisz and I love how much footage they have of Kibera)...and then you asked me a question! I am very excited.

No, I have not seen Evening yet. I heard that Keira Knightley was at one point supposed to be in it (maybe Claire Danes role?) Ew.

Dave Ketah said...

I did not notice you sleeping.

Ditto on the Constant Gardener.

mylordcares said...

Ha, Ha, Ha kiddo very funny. If you keep talking like this your Dad might have to get his shotgun out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, speaking of Evening are we gonna go see it or what? Ash said it sounds like a plan!

beatlesxforxsale said...

Yes, I want to! What day is good for you guys? I have the whole day off on Friday, so I thought maybe we could do lunch and the movie in the afternoon, because doesn't Ashley have that day off too? Unless she is hanging out with Tim. What do you think?

mylordcares said...

This Friday is Tim's birthday and they will be hanging out all day together. Next Friday Russ and I are gone for our anniversary, and the next Friday we are off to Eugene RV'ing. Any other days or even evenings? Ash and I are together this Thursday night. I know you are sometimes busy but what about this Thursday? Let me know, we will figure something out!

Ashby said...

wait...were you asking me that question originally, or ashLEY?

what a trick.

beatlesxforxsale said...

Nope, Ashby, I was asking you. Because every time I see any ads for it, it reminds me of you, because of Meryl Streep and the writers of The Hours.

Ashby said...

that's what I thought but then since it looks like you are watching it with the Hartzells I got confused.

Yeah...I LOVE MERYL STREEP.