Monday, March 09, 2009

I think I might be coming down with something, because I have not been feeling so hot these past couple of days. It struck me today that I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the flu and pregnancy sickness. Except for, possibly, a fever. Which could still be pregnancy related. But hopefully not.
Anyway.
Within the past week our baby has been getting steadily more and more ferocious with its little kicks, somersaults and jabs (by the way-- as a side note for anyone who has not been pregnant, baby somersaults actually feel like somersaults. It's a similar feeling to riding a roller coaster or being in an elevator. Just so you know).
It's interesting to me how much of a difference I can tell within one week. A week ago I was feeling intermittent kicks and punches (especially in the car or when sitting upright in a chair) but now I can tell the baby's sleeping schedule based on its pattern of movement. And each individual movement is much easier to identify. Like I said, they are pretty fierce. And regular. It kinda feels like I have a mini ADHD soccer player in there. And he/she is the size of a bell pepper! That is really kind of big, when you think about it.
Feeling your baby move is pretty cool, because you get to bond with them a little bit, and it can give you a clue about their mood (mostly if they are awake, hyper, or frightened). You can also interact with them a little and see how the way you move (or talk) can change their behavior.
Still, it is a kind of weird sensation, being kicked out from the inside. In the car it can make me quite carsick, and it just doesn't feel quite right all of the time. The stronger ones (and I know I haven't felt anything much yet) can be startlingly uncomfortable. I hear that later on they can kick you in the ribs and cause pain. Not really looking forward to that.

Anyway, in other news I received a review and a raise today. Yay! And... that is all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

K said...

Way to go!

Unknown said...

I think last night I dreamed that you could see the baby's movements...because the baby's head was poking through your stomach up to its neck. It was like a horror movie. I almost threw up.