Monday, August 09, 2010

Great gifts come in small packages

Well, I had a great birthday this year. It was probably one of my favorite birthdays so far. The only thing that could have improved my day would have been if Matt was not bedridden/in a wheelchair, but overall I couldn't have asked for more. I love that Kisa and I share a birth weekend. I'm sure in a few years she will loathe that fact, but for now she is blissfully unaware that the world does not orbit her, which is how we like it.


I received many beautiful gifts this year, but perhaps my favorite was this locket (Matt bought it for me off of a fellow Etsy seller). It is one of my little quirks that I have always had a fascination with lockets, since I rarely wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring. But I have wanted one since I was a little girl, and I finally have one! How perfect that I have exactly two family members.

It was a great weekend, but I would be lying if I said I felt anything other than completely exhausted this morning. We had to get up and going early today to take Matt to his physical therapy appointment. (Sidenote: Kisa stayed in daycare at the hospital during the appointment- her first time EVER being babysat by anyone other than close friends or family- and she did GREAT. I think she must have wooed the employees, because they were actually sad to see her leave. What a pleasant surprise; I was expecting a total meltdown. I'll chalk it up to her love of the spotlight and fascination with other kids.)

We have another appointment with the knee doctor this week, and I am starting to stress a little about that one, because we aren't sure what will happen. Matt will get another x-ray, and hopefully (!) his bone hasn't shifted. If it has, we may be looking at surgery after all. I think this is really unlikely, but it doesn't stop me from worrying about it a little. I will be glad to get Wednesday over with either way, because I really hate the pressure of the unknown.

Well, it is naptime for Kisa which means... time to pick up the house! So much laundry and so little time!

Thanks to everyone who celebrated with us yesterday, your presence (and your presents!) were much appreciated. ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What an attentive husband! Kudos Matt.