Monday, August 02, 2010

Summer Birthday Fest 2010

I am getting pretty excited for this weekend.

For those of you who DON'T know, this weekend will be my daughter's first birthday (and my 23rd) and we are having a huge BBQ in the park to celebrate us (and my birthday twins, Steph and Jason).

It is fun, as a parent, any time you are about to introduce your child to something that you KNOW they will love. This weekend Kisa will get to taste her first cake, open her first ever presents from Mommy and Daddy, and also get to go to the zoo for the first time.

Let it be known that Matt and I are not ones to spoil our child. We don't buy her presents. I think I have bought her a handful of things since she has been born, most of which were clothes and socks. So we only bought her two presents for her birthday, one from me and one from Matt. However, they are carefully selected gifts that I'm pretty sure she'll love, and I am excited to see her open them and play with them.

Also, chief among my excitements is the first zoo trip. I have been waiting for this day since she was born, and I hope she is finally old enough to enjoy it. She pretty much loves animals so I feel like this is probably a home run.


In other news, Matt and I recently found almost $100 in unclaimed gift cards from our wedding (oops), and I used one of them to buy myself this lovely birthday present:

I have been wanting a teapot since I got married. Turns out I could have had one all along, but I'm thinking God timed this so it would be a nice little pick-me-up after a week of nonstop parenting/caretaker-ing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sure it will be awesome to watch her experience the zoo and open the presents (just don't be offended if she likes the packaging better than the actual present for a bit... kids seem to do that for some reason!)

You are a rockstar caretaker... hope you're getting a chance to catch your breath now and then, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Ciara, what a beautiful gift. It reminds me of you! Have you talked to Mitch about the zoo? Maybe he could get you on the inside....... Vic