Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I know Matt is going to jump on me for saying this, but... I kinda wish I could freeze time right now so my daughter can be 18 months old for a long time.

I just love it. I have been enjoying every day with her. That is not to say it is not challenging- she has been cutting her molars and I honestly don't think there is a single book in her possession that has not been partially devoured. One night I went out and she ate a page of her FAVORITE book, Baby Loves, which Nana brought her from the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. I was pretty annoyed by that.

In general though, I am loving life. Kisa is happy, I am happy, and we are very busy with friends and "adventures". I am beginning to realize just how well-behaved Kisa generally is, and I am thankful for that.

There is this nagging thought in the back of my head that this won't last forever. She is going to grow up and stop being thrilled by mac and cheese and hunting for ladybugs. Eventually, she will even stop cuddling with me on the couch or running across the room to give me hugs. That sucks. There are things I am really looking forward to about having an older kid, but I love having a toddler. It is just going by way too fast. I don't know if I will ever have another child and so I feel like I need to soak up all of these moments now.

Anyway, there is stuff about parenting a toddler that is really annoying. I guess I have just tried not to see it that way because I know all of it is fleeting and I will miss it when it is over. Well, most of it. I don't think I will ever miss using our playpen as a hallway blocker. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about cherishing the moments we have. I know I didn't want to cuddle my mom and dad when I was a teenager!

Tyler said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I had a great time at MOMS this morning and I loved my very sweet birthday gift. Those flower picks are so cute - You are defintely talented in the art department.

I sometimes also want to freeze Olivia Claire at 18 months. Ian and I know that eventually the day will come when she no longer thinks we are the coolest, smartest people in the whole world. But I'm very much looking forward to experiencing the world through her eyes and watching her become a young lady. There are exciting things to come!

Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Tyler