Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An interesting opportunity...

So I had an interesting proposal from a coworker the other day. He went to Fox with Matt, majored in Film, and owns his own production company (check out the website here). It's not a money maker at this point, which you can probably guess from the fact that Kenny works a second job and also from a glance around their website.
Anyway, I've enjoyed having someone to talk film with, something I've missed since leaving school. It definitely makes me wish I was back taking classes... but all in good time.
In the meantime, Kenny has mentioned he'd like me to help produce a couple of their upcoming shorts. Producing is really a pretty good gig... you're basically the organizer of everything... schedules, festivals, talent, locations, promotion, budgets. It's definitely well within my skill set so I'm thinking about whether I want to get on board or not. Could be fun... and I don't really have much to lose. Except time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eey, you could be getting in on the ground floor of something very exciting and possibly lucrative. You have been wanting something to use your creativity so I say go for it. I am sure Matt will support you. Vicki

Brian said...

Do it.