Friday, November 07, 2008

Ladies night

Tonight I'm going to Kell's with a few of the ladies I work with. I'm really excited! It'll be my first time at a bar and also my first time going out with a group of girls since before my wedding... most of my close friends live far away and getting together is either really difficult or impossible. When friends do come to visit we usually do things as couples so apart from the occasional outing with my sister(s) or mother(s) I don't get out much on my own.
Also, I am really thankful for some of the friends I've made at my new store. Two of them in particular, Amanda and Kenny (who I mentioned in my last post). Amanda is recently married (3 months ago I think), similar in age, and a believer, and we've really hit it off working together. So it's going to be lots of fun hanging out with her and the other girls tonight.
I've decided it is invaluable for newlyweds to have other newlyweds to share their lives with. It's been a comfort to me to have Amanda to talk to. Sometimes it is funny how as young marrieds we all go through the same things... I mean literally, I think almost every couple fights about the dirty dishes and the laundry. So it's always relieving when you voice something and realize you're not alone. Even though I think on some level we already know that's we're not the only ones, it's still nice to be reminded every once in a while.

On another unrelated note... I simultaneously love and hate birth control. There are the obvious reasons why I love it but the fact is that it has killed my skin. I have never had a problem with acne but for the past few months it has been a constant battle. I know that a lot of people are probably thinking I have nothing to complain about... I know that even my worst breakout can't compare to what a lot of people have to deal with. Even so, it is new for me and not something I enjoy. I've sunk a chunk of change into trying to find products that will clear my skin up but I'm starting to think it's just something I'll have to deal with as long as I'm on The Pill.
If anyone is reading this and has any suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm using clinique right now but I'm thinking of switching to their acne line because the regular stuff just isn't doing it for me. Of course this revelation comes after the $40+ purchase... ugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! I LOVE going out with my gal pals. The thing we do most is laugh like school girls again, it is fun. I am glad you have found a newlywed friend as well. There is alot the two of you can share. I sent you an e-mail with some info. that may be helpful to you. Have fun tonight!!:) Vicki

Dave Ketah said...

I have heard that Christians promote abstinence for birth control.

K said...

I used the Clinique Acne Solutions set and it works really well for me... but it's also expensive. However, I'd rather pay for it now than deal with scarring and bad skin problems when I get older.

Anonymous said...

Yaz (another BC Pill) is actually prescribed specifically for those who struggle with acne, so it's just a plus to have it as a birth control too! If you are already on Yaz, what I had to do was really take a look at my diet. The added hormones etc form birth control change the way your body reacts now to things that initially wouldn't have been an issue. Same thing with when you are preggers. I had to do a detox and kind of start over and take out things in my diet that made me break out while on BC. A lot of it was dairy, but yeah. That's my two cents.

beatlesxforxsale said...

Thanks for the help, guys.
Vicki: Thanks for the email. We need to get together sometime soon!
Dave: Boo.
Kristin: I think I am going to do the clinique stuff. Honestly, I don't care how much it costs. Yes, I'm sure there would be a point where it would be too much, but I think good skin is something I'm willing to pay for...
Jade: Thanks for the tip. I've heard that from a few people; I'm thinking of asking my doc about switching.

Anonymous said...

Ciara, ProActiv has worked miracles for me, have you tried it? You can join the club online and i think its like $20 a month and they just send you new product as often as you want. Just somethin to think about!

~Ashley