Saturday, November 08, 2008

Well, here I sit breathing in paint fumes and listening to the sounds of Matt cooking in the kitchen. We just demo'ed the office closet to make way for the new trim we'll be putting in (including brand new closet doors! yay!). We're also building a custom closet thingy for our office to store all of the many, many things we have crammed into the nooks and crannies of this place. Right now there is junk spread all over our office and living room waiting for a place to go. It's going to be a while until we can put them all back in their place... this might annoy me.
But... it is exciting to be remodeling again. The office is our first step since it's one of the smallest, simplest and least visible rooms in the house. It's also supposed to double as a guest room and in its current state it's under prepared. So I'm glad we've finally found some time to work on it.

In other news, I had fun last night with the girls but I learned two valuable lessons. One, wearing a wedding ring is not as obvious a deterrent as you'd think (so many people don't even think to check). And two, I cannot stomach Guinness. I've had it on two separate occasions now and both times was sick afterward. I know I wasn't overdoing it so I've concluded it must be something about that particular beer that my body just doesn't go for. Which is sad because I like the taste.

Anyway, I'm being called to dinner...

No comments: