Thursday, January 08, 2009

babies are spendy!

So I have been doing a bit of research on my insurance coverage and I have to say I am finding it less than satisfactory. Of course when I enrolled I chose the cheapest health care because I am young and healthy... well, that backfired.
A coworker told me that her brother and sister-in-law just finished paying off their medical bills from their baby (he is now two). That freaked me out a little. I'm pretty sure Matt and I will be able to pay cash for our little one... (that makes it sound like we are buying the thing on ebay) but that all just depends. I mean, that's assuming a totally healthy pregnancy and no C-section and all that. (Which I am assuming, if not for financial reasons, then for the sake of my sanity.)
I am just trying to keep my chin up and not get too depressed about any one thing. I know babies are a blessing, and I really do feel that way, but there are a lot of bumps in the road ahead and if I choose to think about them all at once it can get quite overwhelming.
On a happier note, Matt and I get to go to the doctor next week for the first time and I am really hoping that we get to hear (or see) our baby's heartbeat! As of this week the little guy (or girl-- it already knows even though we don't) has elbows and the beginnings of knees, ankles, and teeny baby teeth.

And now for something completely different... Matt and I got to go to the Blazers game last night and even though I am not a fan of basketball I totally loved it! It's been a while since I have been to a sporting event and I'd forgotten how fun it is to cheer for your team. Plus, it was just a cool game to watch; it was close until the very end and we ended up winning by only one point in the last 30 seconds. Yay Portland!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, yes they are. Children in general. Although you may be having yours at a good time. I may have some gear to pass on as mine will be almost two when yours arrives. I've already passes on most clothing but I may have a few items of that nature as well.

Are you covered under Matt's insurance? Are coverage election periods the first part or mid year? Ours is mid year. Baby should be covered as soon as they are born. Note: ultra sounds are spendy.

Anonymous said...

I know it seems a bit scary now, but trust me, it will all feel worth it as soon as you hold that little baby in your arms. I will pray for you and all the new things you will be experiencing in the coming months.

Mandy