Monday, September 28, 2009

I have read that it takes between 3-6 months to lose your baby weight. I gained a lot of weight while prego (more than 40lbs). Most of it is already gone, but I still have a little under 7lbs to go. I really want to lose these last few pounds before the 3-month mark, which is November 8th. So that is my goal for the next few weeks. The first 30+lbs have been easy, but I have the feeling that these last few will be a bit of a challenge. This past week I got the okay to start exercising again, and now that the weather has cooled down, I think it's time to take the jogging stroller out for a spin. Maybe that will make the weight loss easier. Plus, I really need to tone up and get into better shape.

I made a few promises to my husband for our anniversary this year, one of them being that I would do my best to lose all of my baby weight after Kisa came. I think it's very important for married men and women, especially parents, to take care of their body and their appearance. In my mind, this is one thing that I do to show Matt that I care about him and want to look my best for him. Not that I expect (or he expects) for me to be a perfect-looking supermodel, but I think it's important to be healthy physically, and to make an effort to look put together. I think it would be very sad to send the message to him that now that I am married, I don't need to make an effort. That says that he isn't worth it, when in reality, he is the only person whose attention I really care about.

Anyway... that was kind of a long shpeel, but the point is that I have been working hard to do this, for myself and for my husband. I am really close to my goal and that is exciting, since I spent nine months dreading my postpartum body.

4 comments:

Dave Ketah said...

Way to go!

Unknown said...

You are the perfect wife.

Angie said...

Good job, Ciara. I refuse to 'diet' so it took me a good year to lose all the baby wieght. But I've always heard, nine months to put it on, nine months to take it off. You'll probably drop all the wieght and continue to drop if you continue to nurse. But remember, you may always have remnants of the 'baby belly' just becuase the skin has stretched a little. Of course it's the wieght I put on between kids that has been my issue, so do yourself a favor and don't break your tailbone twice between kids. :O)

Unknown said...

I learned today that the average person loses 18 lbs when swimming the English Channel. I'm just saying...