Monday, September 28, 2009

P.S. my baby is awesome, also. This past week she has been like a totally different baby. Maybe it is just that I am settling in a bit better, but I really feel like she totally turned a corner right about the 6-week mark. Breastfeeding has gotten a LOT easier, and she has started to form a bit of a routine. She is on a very regular sleeping schedule at night, and she even takes a nap during Matt's work day, which gives me time to work on Ethnos and get things done around the house. In addition, she has greater stretches of time in which she is awake and happy and not eating, which makes her lots of fun to be around and puts me in a much better mood also.

For the first few weeks Matt was back at work, I was exhausted and moody by the time he got home in the evening, but now I feel really settled and happy with the pace of our life. Over the past year or so I have become a much more optimistic person, and that has been a huge help when it comes to the parenthood adjustment. For example: the last week or so, Kisa has started crying when she gets tired, and the only way to get her down for her nap sometimes is to hold her and rock her to sleep. Previously, she only cried when she was hungry (which was all or the time that she was not sleeping) and had to nurse herself to sleep. So I have decided that this new development is actually a good thing: it is tiring sometimes when she is really crying, but on the plus side, I know that it will be easier for me to wean her later on. Some babies have a hard time being weaned because they have to nurse themselves to sleep; Kisa has already developed a different nighttime routine. So, there is my silver lining.

There is always a positive, you just have to find out what it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really impressed what great parents you've become! I came down to check on the classrooms during the sermon, and ended up too enthralled with baby Kisa to leave!

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet daughter in law, I believe it is time for a little update of your own, Huh!!!!!!! Let's not have the pot calling the kettle black, OK... Love you!!!!!!!!! Vicki

Sarah said...

To whom it may concern:

Can you please update your blog? It's been like a year. You know how your husband hates it when your comic books delay issues for months and months? That is how I feel when you never update your blog.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The fans.