Monday, April 19, 2010

I had an amazing night of sleep last night. Definitely the best night I've had in 8 months... probably the best night in over a year (you kind of forget about third-trimester insomnia). Kisa is sleeping better every night, and I only had to get up once last night (and it was just a quick trip in and out of her room- less than two minutes). Soooo amazing. Also, she has started sleeping in later and later. When I weaned her off her early morning feeding, she had started rising at 5:30 or 6, which was pretty annoying. Today she slept in until 8! I haven't slept that late in months! It was so nice.

As for myself, I have had a very busy week celebrating two family birthdays and attempting to put 8 hrs/day into my business (Matt will testify that I have almost undoubtedly accomplished this). I have no less than seven bags that are just waiting on final stitches and paint/appliques, as well as two custom orders to get working on. I am making a goal for myself to get my etsy up and functioning by Wednesday (sorry Kristin.. there is just nothing to look at yet. I will give you the URL later this week!).

This past week was an experiment in streamlining my production process. I cut a pattern and fine-tuned a few methods, which made a huge difference in terms of quality, consistency and efficiency. It's also helped me to know exactly how much fabric I need for each piece, which means very little waste, also a huge plus.

I made almost $70 in sales this past week, a very energizing accomplishment for what was really my first week. It's very motivating- even $70 represents a good deal of material I can buy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're about to take the world by storm.

Brenda said...

So glad you are getting some sleep Ciara! It is amazing what a little extra sleep does for ones general outlook on life!

I am looking forward to my bag!