Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh man. I seriously just want to cry. I am too tired to deal with my life right now.

My brother moved back home today, and I am scared. I think bad things are probably going to happen now that he is around. I am just exhausted by the drama he brings into our house. I wish I could escape everything. I wish I were pretty much anywhere but here right now.
I hate feeling helpless, I hate feeling compromised, I hate a lot of things that I wish I didn't hate, and no matter how hard I try, there are really no words to describe the depth of my disappointment, confusion, whatever. I don't know. There are no words. None.
I had this weird thought today, when I was driving my dad's car back from the apartment. This was only the second time I have driven his car. The only other time he allowed me to was once when Daniel was in the hospital. So, it reminded me of that week. We went to the olive garden for dinner because it was right by the hospital. I hadn't slept. None of us had. And I ordered a meal that I never took a bite of. And we all kind of sat there staring at each other and being devastated.
The thing is, when everything falls apart so visibly, you are free to grieve, to fall apart, to be comforted, to be confused and anxious and disoriented and sit there doing absolutely nothing. But what happens when things fall apart quietly, piece by piece, until you can't even point to a moment when it all went wrong because the moments just surround you and box you in? What are you supposed to do then?
It feels just like grief. Like I want to lie in bed and stare at my ceiling and not think because it hurts.

I have no idea how to get through this.

2 comments:

K said...

If you need to escape you can a.) come visit me in Australia or b.) go stay at my parents house for a few days. you're family.

I know this is a lame question, but what is your e-mail address? Sometimes I like to write you things that the world can't read :)

Anonymous said...

Just cry. seriously. just cry. I am still here ya know. Maybe a good ole trip out to the berg will help. I am still praying for you, and I love you very much.