Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm not going to blog about what I did this evening because I want to give my boyfriend an opportunity to share. I'm sure his summary will be both far more eloquent and comprehensive, and will probably include words like "awesome" and "amen". So, if you'd like to read about the activities of this evening, then please click here and await his post (which I'm sure will be up soon).

In other news, I ran into a couple that comes into our store quite frequently. I saw them at the Event That Shall Not Be Named. It was interesting seeing them and talking to them outside of work. I get the vibe from them that they are cool people I'd like to get to know better.
Afterward, it made me realize how much more social my job has helped me become. I think I have had to practice initiating conversation more at Starbucks than any other job. Which is cool, because although I am still sometimes shy and socially awkward, I find myself enjoying more my interactions with others. Cool for mission and for community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY.

Thanks for not stealing my thunder for once. I'll try not screw it up.