Saturday, September 01, 2007

So today went pretty well.
My interview was great. I did way better than I thought I would. Usually I get nervous and stumble over my words in stressful situations. But today I managed to get out everything I wanted to say. So I feel satisfied about that. I don't know the results yet, but I feel like I represented myself well, so that is good. Either way I will know that I am in the position I am meant to be in and deserve to be in... so that's cool.
Also, our coffee tasting seminar went pretty well. 30 people showed up, so it was a little hectic at times, but fun. Our store is not really conducive to large crowds, so it was a challenge to squeeze everyone in and be heard. I got to know some of our regulars a bit better and the entire Hartzell family (including Tim and Ashley) came out to support me. So that felt good especially since my own brother and sister couldn't make it.
Anyway, all in all, I think we did alright... and I definitely learned something about how to improve on stuff like this in the future. Nate even took a couple pics so we're going to put them up on the board at work to further inspire our team.

So, it's time for a good night's sleep because tomorrow Matt and I are going to the Body Worlds exhibit! Yay! (I've been wanting to go to that for over a year) And then to a comics sale. So it's a full day.

5 comments:

mylordcares said...

The Serena is soooo good this morning, num!!!!!! You did a great job kiddo. One thing you will learn about our family, we are very supportive. If you need us wer'e there. Isn't that what families do? Thank you for acknowledging that. You also looked really cute in your outfit, so professional!

Anonymous said...

OMG i want to go to the Body Worlds SO bad! You have to tell me how it is, i think Tim and i are going to get tickets soon, it looks so cool! Have fun and good job last night!

~Ashley

Ashby said...

I'm sad I couldn't come, Ciara. I dragged my sister to a wedding at Rolling Hills, and I spent my evening saying hi to my old youth pastors and stuff.

Laura Anne said...

You 2 rocked! I had more fun than I have had in a long time. Really.

Anonymous said...

Support..? No, we showed up to be schooled and we were learnt real good. I really didn't understand the suttle differneces between the coffees until last night. You should expand on the lessons learned from this event and build on them for the next "monthly" coffee tasting event. I think an intersted person would attend 3 or 4 tastings to clarify their likes and dislikes to groom their "coffee experience" (Starbucks tongue in fresh roasted cheek). On a rolling basis you could attract 30 - 40 aficionados that would really appreciate the constantly changing offerings and seasonal delights. (I really should charge for this) Your presentation and message was very goog, relaxed, informational, and friendly. Well.... except for the geek in the front row giving you the 'goo goo eyes'. Do you know him? Did you take emails for the next .... "event" .... announcement?

GREAT TIME!!

Old School