Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Well, it is 2:30 in the morning and all the powers of the universe have aligned against me to keep me from sleeping soooooooo here I am blogging. I'm pretty sure I am coming down with something because when I left work a few hours ago my throat was just starting to hurt and now it is killing me. I'm also pretty sure my work/boss would freak out if I were to miss even one shift.

Work has sucked a little lately because one of the other members of our management team broke her foot and as a result has a bunch of restrictions on the time of day and length of shift she can work. The good thing is that I have been picking up a bunch of her hours, but my boss has been stressing about it. Not to mention that the schedule has been less than ideal because I've been working a ton more nights and weekends and not been able to spend as much time with Matt. And there is literally no back up plan if one of the remaining three of us gets sick or injured... it makes me worry a little bit about what is going to happen down the road if I have to miss work or leave early for some reason. I have not once (so far) called in sick because of pregnancy symptoms, and I doubt that is going to change, but it would be nice to just feel like I had the option if I needed to take advantage of it.

Needless to say I am looking forward to dialing it back a little come September.

Aughhh I think I am gonna have to miss work tomorrow... I feel crappy.

No comments: