Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yay!

I just made reservations for us to celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

It is coming up a little over a month from today (June 28th), but because of crazy summer schedules, we are going to celebrate it a little early. So we get to go away in just a couple weeks.

I was feeling sad about missing out on summer camping this year. Usually we spend about a week camping with the Hartzells every summer, and my extended family (all one million of them) rent out a loop of yurts for a weekend every August. Not to mention the second annual Ethnos camping trip. The latter two are happening in August, and the Hartzell Family trip got canceled due to impending baby. Needless to say I was bummed our camping gear would sit in our garage getting dusty all summer.

SOOOO... I decided we should seize the day and go camping for our anniversary, and I am super thrilled to have just booked us a campsite! It is at a KOA campground, which is not usually so much our cup of tea, but I have to admit a hot shower and a free pancake breakfast sound nice at 7+ months pregnant. Not to mention the pool and mini golf. So I am excited, even if it's not technically "camping" (by my own definition).

I can hardly believe we've been married almost a year already... time flies.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats!

Dave Ketah said...

Good for you! Way to not simply resign yourself to circumstances and creatively work out a solution!

Mark Owen said...

Congrats! The first year can be challenging, you two have been remarkable!

K said...

I'm pretty sure it was a KOA campground we went to that one time with my church where there was a random disco in the rec center... heh heh.

beatlesxforxsale said...

Yes it was... and I was thinking of that exact thing as I virtually toured the lodge...