Friday, July 10, 2009

I think I take a lot of things for granted in my life.

You know when you are sick, and you throw up, and immediately afterwords you feel SO MUCH BETTER? Even better than if you had never been sick in the first place? Or you go for a hike and you're REALLY THIRSTY and when you get that first sip of water it's sweet like candy?

I just think that sometimes I forget how great everyday life is until something comes along to shake it up a bit. And I've realized that relief is one of my favorite sensations in the entire world.

The last few days have had some moments of pretty severe stress (I would go so far as to label it panic). For example, preterm labor, stolen cars, and possible stolen identities are all things that really get your heart rate going. I also have a very active imagination so I tend to extrapolate situations in my mind to the worst possible outcome. I try to pray and recall scripture when I feel myself panicking, but I think maybe I have a superpower: worrying. It just comes very naturally to me. What can I say... I have a gift.

Anyway, my point is that, in all these situations over the past week, I have panicked. But in the end, things have all turned out okay. And the rush of relief when you realize that there was no need to panic in the first place is probably one of the best feelings ever. Really, you're just returning to life as usual. But it feels SO AMAZING because you've just had a huge burden of worry lifted off your shoulders.

So... I am going to try to work on not panicking in the first place (although I do feel that every instance of panic over the last week was probably warranted and would be experienced by almost every other person in my situation(s)), but for the moment I am just basking in the relief of everything being (momentarily) right in my world.

No comments: