Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pearls of Wisdom

Below I have compiled some of my favorite tips amassed from my extremely wise friends and family:

Most headaches are a result of dehydration and can be cured with a large glass of water. (Dad)

When you are traveling, always wear your bulkiest clothing items, that way you don't have to check your baggage. (Dad)

You can create your own moisturizing scent by combining massage oil and essential oil. It is way cheaper and will last longer on your skin. (Grandma F.)

Sour candies are a good remedy for morning sickness. (Natalie Mulkey)

In lieu of a rolling pin, you can use a bottle of wine or a can of food. (Sarah Glathar)

If you purchase foundation or concealer and it turns out to be too dark for your skin tone, you can lighten it by adding sunscreen. (Tyra Banks)

You can get rid of grease stains on your clothing by adding dish soap directly to the stain (Real Simple)

You can extend the life of your dryer's heating unit by regularly scrubbing out the lint trap with soap and water. (My mother-in-law)

Frozen washcloths can provide relief for teething babies (Sarah Glathar)

If you pin your socks together before washing them, you will never end up with a loner (Real Simple)

You can use vaseline to moisturize dry skin, prevent puffy eyes and protect your lips from getting chapped. You can put it on your teeth to shine up your smile for pictures, and before drinking to prevent coffee/red wine stains. (Tyra Banks)

If you leave the avocado pit in with your guacamole when you store it, it will keep longer without getting brown (Sarah Glathar)

Along the same lines, lemon juice will prevent cut bananas, pears and apples from browning. (Mama)

A glass of milk will cure your heartburn (Jenn Miller)

4 comments:

Ashby and Abram said...

I totally remember my mommy teaching me the lemon-juice-on-fruit trick.

and I think I taught Sarah the wine bottle trick. I THINK. : )

good tips, Ciara!

Unknown said...

You forgot my best stuff!

"Some problems can only be solved by chocolate"

Anonymous said...

I believe I was the one that told you about frozen wash clothes but whatever...... I am glad you have learned alot from various places. We are all here to help :) Vicki

beatlesxforxsale said...

A few people told me that one simultaneously I think! Sometimes I am the last to know. :)