Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well, it has been a busy few days for me, and the next couple of weeks will be very busy as well!

The women's retreat was awesome, and somewhat relaxing despite toting along my nine-month old and committing to teaching. It was a good chance for me to get to know some of the women of Ethnos better. The last day we were there we each wrote compliments to every other person, then Brenda compiled them and read them aloud. I feel like I missed a lot of mine, but one person said that they appreciated the effort I put into forming relationships with the other women. I know that whoever said that knows me well because they understand that is something that is a struggle for me and that I have had to work hard at. So that made me feel both known and appreciated.

Yesterday was a full day as Kisa and I joined my parents, brother and Megan at ACMA in the morning to hear Becca recite her Capstone. This was literally an hourlong presentation of her life story (as told by her). It was fascinating to watch as she was very raw with the details. It is always intriguing to hear a situation recounted from someone else's perspective. I hoped that hearing her presentation would help me better understand my sister (she is one of the most complicated people I have ever met). Instead, it gave me a deeper appreciation for the complex person God made her to be and for her own process of growing up and discovering herself. If there's any one thing that I took from it, it's that my sister is still in the middle of a journey of self-discovery. I remember that phase of life as it was not too long ago for me (not that I have myself all figured out at age 22 either).

After the presentation, my mom helped me to hem my dress for Ashley's wedding, and I repaid her by highlighting her hair.

The next few days will probably be full of wedding prep. I'm going shopping for a rehearsal dinner dress today, and I still need to get shoes for the wedding. This weekend is the bachelorette party (I'm DD) and I have another bridal shower to go to for a friend from high school.

Next weekend is literally wedding/family commitments from Friday morning to Sunday night. I'm excited for my sister (from another mister), but phew! It's going to be a busy busy week for everybody.

This is a busy season of life for us... one sister getting married and another graduating from high school, an active baby girl, plus all kinds of friends with weddings and babies left and right.

And not to further scatter this already scattered blog post (I did not have my morning coffee and IT SHOWS) but Matt and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary in a little over a month! Weird! Where did all the time go?

No comments: