Tuesday, August 14, 2007

If I were to sum up any one thing that I have learned in the past year and a half, this would be it:

I feel like I've gotten some idea of how God feels when we let him down over and over again.

It's really just a glimpse of a feeling. I have no idea how to deal with my disappointment in other people. At times I am so overwhelmed by all the hurt and bitterness that it's like I'm choking.
It's like someone else dug a hole and threw me in it. And here I am trying to find a way to climb back out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At some point, all of this will be better. Yet, maybe not on this earth.

There is still hope.

mylordcares said...

Ciara, I learned something in my 50 plus years on earth that I wish I could have learned at your age and grasped. There will NEVER be a time while you are here that someone or something will not let you down. I still have trouble with TRUST and the concept of giving all of it to a mere mortal. We just are not capable of that kind of responsibility. We will be let down and possibly destroyed more than once. We are too selfish and too flawed for it to be any other way. So, except it and do the only thing you can. LOOK UP... Your Heavenly Father is worthy of all your trust, all your love, ALL OF YOU!!! Love Him with all you have and He will not disappoint you. Yes, there will be trials and heartaches and sadness but the hope He brings is not something you will ever find on earth, EVER. And remember here, now, you are loved by scarred, imperfect humans and we all care deeply about you, me included. And we are going camping so SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon

Jacey Anne Haek said...

You have no idea how much you encourage me, Ciara. And we haven't seen each other in ages! :)