Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This weekend the six of us went down to Brookings, OR for Jessica's wedding. Jessica is my brother's best friend/a family friend. It was fun but also tiring because there was a LOT of driving. I was glad to have a weekend off from work since I have had a bit of a cold and it gave me a chance to rest.
The wedding was fun and different from most weddings that I have been to. I have seen everything weddings-wise, from the whole shebang at the Old Church with a reception at the Benson, and then this. Jake and Jessica got married in the backyard of her grandparents' house. There were about 30 or 40 guests. The groomsmen wore white polo shirts and the groom himself wore a white collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up (no jacket). We all felt a little overdressed. The ceremony was about 15 minutes long, and included the wedding party walking in to the theme from Braveheart. Jessica walked in to "Something" by the Beatles, which I thought was actually a really cute choice.
Anyway, it was all really mellow and laid-back. I thought it was fun for them, and it was a fun wedding to attend...
On Sunday when we drove back, my family decided to stop at the Dunes so Matt could see them (he had never been to the Oregon Dunes before). We went on what was supposed to be a 2.2 mile walk and ended up being at least a 5 mile hike. It felt like much longer due to the fact that the trail wove in and out of the dunes. So you basically walk forever and feel like you are getting nowhere. No one had really brought the right clothes for the hike (I was wearing a wool coat) or any water, and most of us didn't want to go on a hike in the first place. So it was hot and miserable. We'll call this strike two for my mom's hiking books. The first one sent us on a "12" mile hike (it was actually 17).
Other than that not much is up, Matt is going to Quake this weekend up in Spokane so I picked up some shifts at work. And that's all that's going on with me.

No comments: