Friday, August 14, 2009

I have been waiting nine months for THIS DAY.

Perhaps it is silly and superficial but probably one of the most difficult things for me about pregnancy was all of the weight gain. What was even more frustrating was that it came at a time when I had just put a good six months into getting my body into great shape, and nine months later I am not only back where I started a year and a half ago, but I weigh more.

Oh well. What I gained is in the past (and it was the right amount, so I have no regrets). But I have been eagerly anticipating the day when I could get back on a regular diet and exercise plan. I don't expect to immediately shrink to my pre-pregnancy size, but I at least feel better about moving the scale in the right direction (aka down instead of up).

So anyway... today is the day I have been waiting for! I just re-enlisted in Weight Watchers. This time I am going to do it online instead of attending the weekly meetings. It's much cheaper that way and will probably be a lot easier with a newborn. They have meetings specifically for new moms, but it just sounds a little overwhelming to commit to being there every week (you have to pay for it even if you miss a meeting). Plus I am already in love with the online tracking system. Sooooo much easier than carrying around the little booklet, looking up all the points values and writing them down. I basically just enter the food and it calculates the points for me. I can even save stuff as favorites so I can quickly add stuff I eat every day.

Anyway... I'm kind of nerding out about this, I know... I'm just really excited to get started. I have a feeling this will be much easier the second time around because I know what I am doing... plus I get to eat a ton more food cause I'm breastfeeding, which is awesome.

Okay. The end. =)

No comments: