Monday, August 17, 2009

you know you are a mom when you blog about diapers.

Seriously though, I LOVE our diapers. I wanted to do cloth and Matt wanted to do disposables, so we compromised with g-diapers. They are environmentally friendly diaper hybrids; which means they have a cloth outside and a disposable (actually, compost-able or flushable) inner liner.

I was worried about whether or not these diapers would actually work... there was the potential for a huge mess and a lot of wasted money if they didn't. But they do and I love them. I love that we don't have poopy diapers sitting around our house. I also love that I am not throwing anything in a landfill. It also seems like they work at least as well (if not better) than the disposables.

So anyway, I am one happy mommy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did this happy mommy get the box I brought over on Saturday? Vicki

Ciara Hartzell said...

I did. Hooray! I think now I am set on the little g pants for at least the next 6 months.

Mark Owen said...

Gives a new meaning to swizzle stick.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mark I just don't get it! Please explain to this old lady!!! Vicki

Sarah said...

I think Mark is referring to this:
http://www.gdiapers.com/shop/extras/extra-swishstick

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sarah, I don't even know you and you answered my question. I appreciate that. Vicki

Laura said...

I've been thinking about using cloth with our next baby, but we don't have a washer/dryer in our apt, so that would be hard. Also, I don't know what the cost of diaper services is.
Would you say g-diapers cost more, less, or about the same as disposables? I've had a friend who used them, but she wasn't as sure about them as you are. Glad you like them so much!

Ciara Hartzell said...

Unfortunately, they cost a little bit more. You can buy disposables at Costco for pretty cheap, but so far there are only a few retailers selling the gDiaper liners.
Hopefully I can buy them online for a discount-- I've been looking into it.
They also sell little cloth liners for the g-pants, which I've been pondering using sometimes if it's just going to be me spending the day at home with her. I don't mind the baby poop, but Matt gets a little queasy.

Laura said...

Thanks, Ciara for the info. I'll keep looking into it. I'll probably just give them a try and see if we like them. :)