Thursday, August 06, 2009

I'm too lazy to think of a title for this blog post.

Well, these past few days have actually been pretty decent, considering. I am trying to keep myself busy in the last week of pregnancy. Every day I wake up with a huge list of things to do, spend all day doing them, and then go to bed at night with a new list. Yes, a lot of these things are very basic (like washing our bedding or taking out the trash) but it is extremely important to me that the house is as clean as possible every night when I go to sleep. I just keep thinking that if I don't do it now, I won't be doing it for a month, so I have to seize the day.

It's really hard to maintain the same level of preparedness/excitement for a month, so I'm having to be intentional about making sure we are prepared to leave at the drop of a hat. Because it really feels like it is never going to happen. And I don't say that to complain, I just say it because after a month, you get tired and stop focusing on things as important as your baby entering the world. Seriously, it is just impossible to be excited about that every moment of every day. Which I am glad of, because it makes the emotions a lot easier to deal with. I am sure we will get excited again pretty quick when I go into labor. But for now, we are just doing the same stuff we always do. (And with my luck, I will go into labor at three a.m. on the ONE DAY I didn't put the dishes in the dishwasher and forgot to switch my laundry from the washer to the dryer. I know it is weird that I think about that, but I do. So I have spent my days doing things like cooking 15 freezer meals, running random errands, and making sure everything I am responsible for in this world is up-to-date, paid, cleaned, or otherwise taken care of.)

I'm also finding that it is about ten million times easier to be super pregnant when the weather is cool than when there is a heat wave. I think I cried every single one of those ten or so days. Now, for the most part, I am feeling much better. I won't deny that late pregnancy is still very uncomfortable (my back and feet have been killing me lately), but it is soooooooo immeasurably better than being trapped in the heat all day that I really have no (okay... minimal) complaints.

One thing I have been REALLY thankful for this week is that I am not working. Today was supposed to be my last day of work, and I honestly don't know how I could manage even just four straight hours on my feet, let alone eight. I guess I had assumed that since I am young and generally healthy I would not be affected as badly, and all the other pregnant women and doctors were exaggerating when they said many women couldn't work in late pregnancy because their feet and back hurt too much. I was WRONG, I will admit it. Now I know better. Luckily for me I got to learn this lesson from the comfort of my house instead of from trying to work all day on swollen feet and a sore back.

All of this just makes me so excited to not be pregnant anymore. It seems like it has been so long that I have actually forgotten what it is like to not have a huge belly or carry around a ton of extra weight... it will be cool to lose weight again and feel like I at least have a vote about how I look and feel.

Well, that's all for now. Matt and I have a dr. appointment later today (which I'm sure will be the same boring stuff it always is) but I have some stuff to get done before then, including taking a nap, and blogging wasn't on my list for the day, SO. I'm already behind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are doing soooooo well! I've never met a pregnant woman that enjoyed the 9th month much, but God uses it to prepare you for carrying and delivering this baby!

Dan and Rebecca (Anne's coworkers) went into labor this morning! Your time is soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ciara!!!Your doing very well and should be proud of how your hadling everything.

~Ash