Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I like the way I feel when I know I am eating well. I feel proud, healthy, energetic, and confident.

I have decided that the pleasure I get from tasting most of the junk foods that I like does not, generally speaking, outweigh the pleasure I get from being in control of my cravings, eating healthy foods and feeling good about the way my body looks. When I was previously overweight I was somewhat insecure about my figure, and just generally less comfortable-- clothes did not fit or feel that great, plus there are all kinds of medical things that spring up with even just ten extra pounds on your body.

Since I am again in the position of needing to lose some weight (thanks to baby Kisa and my crazy freaking thyroid... and, yes, my poor diet/exercise choices) I am reminded of how good it feels to be a healthy weight and composition.

This is all in response to my renewed diet plan, which I started up again today. I slipped off track for a while there, but I'm gonna do this, because I forgot HOW important it is for me to be feeling good about myself.

Matt is also partially joining me in this, against his will, since I am the primary cook in our house and therefore he eats what I cook him. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you start serving egg plant, I'm moving out.