Thursday, June 10, 2010

#1: Kisa Camille: 10 months

On Tuesday Kisa turned 10 months old. Matt has been blogging about all the big milestones of her life so far (3-6-9), so I'm choosing to blog about all the everyday stuff instead.

These last few weeks have been fun for me because Kisa is really learning to communicate at a rapid rate, and beginning to initiate games or ask for things she wants. The only word I have heard her use so far is "Dada". Otherwise, most of her verbal skills are just babbles. This kid is a master of nonverbal communication, though. She knows that "no", "nope", and "don't" all mean essentially the same thing, and she will respond to these words with an emphatic shake of the head. She'll also shake her head to tell me no sometimes (which I'm not as wild about).

As I mentioned in an earlier post, she has also discovered how to point, which has been a huge help. During a meal she can choose one dish over another, ask for more, or ask for milk (I have even had her point to an empty bottle on the shelf to ask me to make her a bottle). This is really nice after 10 months of blind guessing.

One of her favorite things lately is to play "chase", which consists of her crawling and then looking repeatedly over her shoulder to make sure you're following her. This usually ends with her getting so excited that she forgets to crawl and just sits there giggling. You can also initiate this game with her by telling her that you're going to "get" her, and she'll crawl about two feet before dissolving into said giggles.

She just cut tooth #2 on Tuesday, and that will hopefully bring to an end a couple of weeks of horrible sleep. Fingers crossed on that one. Teething sucks.

One of my favorite things about Kisa is how chill she is most of the time. Every morning we wake up, eat breakfast, play together for a bit, and then she listens to music in her crib for at least an hour, followed by a two or three hour nap. No joke. You can do the math on that one but I seriously have almost the entire morning to myself (which is usually my workday).

I try to play different kinds of music for her since she is enthralled by the different instruments and styles. For some reason she has a particular passion for dance and jazz (I'm going to throw out a wild guess that it has something to do with the percussion) but really anything with a good beat will get her pretty excited. She LOVES to listen to music and will literally sit through an entire album while just chillin' in her crib. Pretty much every time we walk into the nursery she asks me for two things right off the bat: 1) to turn on the fan, 2) to turn on the music.

Anyway... that is all I've got for now, but I'm sure she'll be doing something new and awesome by tomorrow. I'll keep ya'll posted.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that she is a music fan. That is awesome.