Monday, December 11, 2006

6 weird things about me

Terry posted this on his blog a while ago and I just decided to post it back, mostly because I am really bored and too anxious to go to sleep.

1) When I was in sixth grade I got a very bad case of the flu and I was sick for two or three weeks. When I came back to school everyone was very anxious because missing three weeks of school is a lot when you are in sixth grade. One girl in particular wouldn't leave me alone and kept bugging me and asking me what was wrong with me. I finally got annoyed and told her I had epilepsy. I didn't know what it meant at the time and she wasn't my friend and I was in sixth grade and crazy. Not that that's really an excuse, but whatever. Eventually the rumor got around to my real best friend. She confronted me about it, in tears because she thought I was going to die. I still feel guilty about that sometimes.
2) The above is (surprise!) NOT the biggest lie I have ever told.
3) I organize my DVDs alphabetically and by genre (classics on the top shelf, action in the middle, sci-fi, comedy and drama on the bottom). The ones that don't have a clear genre really annoy me and they are filed somewhere else entirely.
4) I have a full-sized bed that takes up a large portion of my room (which has a broken heater which makes it really cold). Because of this I do a lot of things in bed and random items will get tangled up in my bedcovers from time to time. I can go for a long time before I even notice this stuff since the bed is so large. Earlier today I cleared out the following: two boxes of tissues (one full and one empty), five waterbottles, a textbook, one plastic knitting needle, a pencil, a shoe, three socks (none of which match), and a portable hard drive.
5) In elementary school I got trained to be a conflict manager. We wore special t-shirts and we would hang out at recess and help kids who were having problems with each other. One day when I was on duty a kid made me really mad and I punched him. After that I wasn't allowed to be a conflict manager anymore.
6) The first pet I ever owned was a fish that I won at a carnival. I named him Freddy and I built a train track around his fishbowl so he would feel at home (since his booth at the carnival was right by the train). He died two days after I got him and we buried him in a little box in the side yard. I cried. Two years later my mom grew strawberries over Freddy's grave and I refused to eat them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh, Ciara! You crack me up!

Unknown said...

yours are so much funnier and more interesting than mine were.

PS and what is the biggest lie you have ever told?

beatlesxforxsale said...

I cannot tell you.

Just kidding, I will tell you next time we hang out. Thus you have incentive (more incentive than the fact that you would be getting to hang out with me, which should be incentive enough).

Unknown said...

That was an excellent post. I want more stories!