Wednesday, December 20, 2006

i love kessler

So all my friends are home for Christmas break. It feels great (once I got past the initial shock of welcoming them back, of course). I have yet to see Becky or Matt. But I am looking forward to it. I miss them both a lot.
But the best part has been seeing Kessler. He randomly grew up a ton over the past year and is now this awesome, amazing man of God. I am so impressed. We have talked about all kinds of things from relationships to the Bible to movies to family. I have been friends with him nearly ten years and we have never had that kind of relationship before. In fact, besides Kristin, I have not had that kind of relationship with many of my christian friends from high school. It is cool; it is a blessing.
Tonight we went and played pool, and afterward we went and saw The Holiday, which I think is a good movie, if a little long (my butt started going numb like halfway through). I have to admit I got a little into it. But Kess did too. He was "oohing" and "awwing" and cheering for Jack Black right along with me. And then on the way home, we talked about the guys I have "dated" over the past year (technically I have been single this whole time, but in reality I have had a series of crappy relationships, one of which has basically crushed my spirit and left me completely useless and depressed for the past six months. To be honest, I still feel like it could take forever to recover from it. So there's that). Anyway, we had this deep talk and he was telling me how I should know that I deserve much better and that I shouldn't settle, etc etc. I know this, but still, it feels good that he knows too and that he cares enough to make a point of telling me.

I have been very thankful lately that God has provided so many good brotherly figures in my life, because, as we all know, my real brother has not been acting in that role for quite some time. It wasn't something I prayed for but it was definitely something I needed and he was wise enough to provide. I feel blessed. I have never really been a girl's girl (I have never had a ton of girl friends), and I have missed all the boys in my life more than I realized. I honestly wish I had gone to them earlier for support. But oh well. You live and learn.
I feel so blessed.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

i love him too.
we have so much in common.