Thursday, November 12, 2009

2 good things

Yay! This evening a man from the doctor's office called me (a full day earlier than expected) to give me the result of my TSH test. So it's true, I have somehow developed the thyroid issues of a woman more than twice my age. However at this point I really do not care, I am just glad that I will hopefully be feeling better soon!

Originally the doctor had said I would have to wait until next week to get any medication (after meeting with my PCP) but she just went ahead and ordered me up a prescription so I can get started as quickly as possible. I assume this was probably because of just how low my TSH levels actually were. I mean really, it is just ridiculous that an otherwise healthy 22 year old woman would develop such a sudden and severe problem like that. Perhaps its been coming on for a while now and I've just attributed it to pregnancy/new parenthood. Who knows. Who cares. They are going to fix it and I can go back to being myself. Hooray!

Good thing #2: Matt and I are going up to Seattle tomorrow to visit my BFF and her husband for the first time ever since they got married (almost two years ago... yeah, I'm kind of a bad friend :/). Actually right now the thought of packing and driving all the way up there sounds really exhausting, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her and I'm hoping that maybe getting my medication tomorrow will help me feel a little better and more energetic! We'll see.

No comments: