Friday, November 20, 2009

Mr. Fix-it

The other day I did something I never thought I would do, which was to write a honey-do list. Now that I spend so much time at home doing housewife-y things, the little annoyances around my house have turned into huge issues. The loose faucet in our kitchen aggravated me to no end. The doors to our laundry space didn't shut properly, and now that I open and close them several times a day (at least), it was driving me crazy. So I put together a list of my five most important small projects and handed it to Matt.

Now, I didn't mean that I expected him to do every single one of them immediately, but rather that when we find time to improve our house, these were my top priorities.

However, my super handy and helpful husband (yes, I meant to alliterate) did four out of five things within the next two hours. Including replacing our kitchen lightbulb, fixing the laundry room doors, repairing our busted toilet handle, and- yes!- tightening up our kitchen faucet. It probably would have been a lot easier if the toilet hadn't overflowed on him mid-fix, and if I hadn't broken the garbage disposal and flooded our kitchen with dirty cabbage water immediately after he was done (oops). He fixed that too.

So, it pretty much goes without saying that my husband is awesome, but I'll say it anyway.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheesh Matt, you are setting a high standard for the rest of us!

I always thought they should be called honey do honey lists, so after you are done you can ask her to show you some honey (:

Wesly Smith said...

Exactly what I was going to say, Mark.

Anonymous said...

WOW Mark, AKWARD!!! Vicki :)