Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Natalie Mulkey is a genius.

I am thankful for my friend Natalie, for a great many reasons but one of them being that she always has good advice. When I was pregnant she gave me all kinds of tips about how to combat my morning sickness and I was sooooooooo grateful to her for that.

Well, on Sunday she and I were discussing my health (aka how I have been feeling crappy for a couple of weeks now). She mentioned that sometimes women can develop thyroid issues after having babies. This is the first suggestion that has made sense to me because I have had no other symptoms besides a headache and fatigue. So, I finally went to the doctor to get checked out, and the doctor is pretty much positive that that's what's up.

While I'm not super thrilled about having to wait even longer to feel better (it will take a few days to get my test results and get in to see my primary care physician, and then a few weeks to fine-tune my medication) I am relieved that I probably know what's wrong and can now address it. It is very defeating to feel like you are doing everything in your power to take care of yourself and still feel like your body is trying to shut down. So, hooray for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I agree... Natalie is one wise wise lady.

Sharon said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so run-down! These days, it seems like everyone has something going on biologically. I'll be praying that your meds kick in quickly and that you feel better really soon.

I have a friend who's newly pregnant and is suffering from some bad morning sickness (sounds like you did also!). If you found something to be particularly useful for you, pass it on and I'll give my friend the word!