Saturday, January 23, 2010

What do you think-- does it sound like me?

For Ethnos our "homework" this week was to take a personality test. I was surprised to find that my personality has changed (!) since the last time I took this test. I thought I knew what the results would be. However, I think the influence of my husband (who I'm betting has a pretty similar personality type) has swayed me into become more of a "grown up" (according to us- i.e. being organized, following schedules and routines, etc).


Traits of an ISTJ:

-They place great importance on honesty and integrity.
-They enjoy structure, rules, traditions, and routines.
-Extremely dependable on following through with things they have promised.
-May have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle.
-Often work long hours and will put a lot of energy into completing tasks they see as "fulfilling a goal".
-Will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application.
-Prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it.
-Likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others, but cares deeply for those around them.
-Tend to express affection through actions rather than through words.
-Faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded.
-Can take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion.
-Great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation.
-Acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.
-Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

(I put that last part in for Matt... if he read this far... because that is me to a T. He is fond of saying that I am not a problem-solver, which is not true, but I do have my moments where all hope is lost and there's nothing to do but despair and wait for the apocalypse)

6 comments:

K said...

I just took this recently as well. It's crazy how much people change in the span of a few years. I went from an E to an I.

beatlesxforxsale said...

Yeah, Matt and I have the same personality type now. I guess we have succeeded at the "two become one"... he is deliberately trying to make me into a mini-Matt.

Unknown said...

I did not teach you world-ending catastrophes, so you can't blame me for that.

Sarah said...

What were you before?

beatlesxforxsale said...

INFJ

Phil Steller said...

It's been a while since I've actually looked at your blog. It's in my Google Reader, but I rarely visit blogs these days. All that to say, I like your guys' photo.