Friday, July 16, 2010

Sleep Troubles: an update

Well, I am crossing my fingers as I type this (not literally, cause that would make it too hard to type) but it appears Kisa has gotten the hang of our new sleeptime routine and forgotten the trauma of a couple weeks ago. (See picture.)

I have been working on transitioning Kisa away from her morning nap. I was sad to see it go, because that was my morning exercise time, but the rest of her naps and her bedtime were suffering, so something had to be done.

After a couple of weeks of working on this new schedule, I am happy to announce that Kisa has returned to the days of not hating her crib with a passion. The past few days she has played happily in her crib until tiring herself out enough to fall asleep. She does this for afternoon nap time and even last night at bed time. She is still having a rough time with night waking, so we'll have to continue to work on that.

A bonus of eliminating the morning nap is that she is now sleeping in later most days, which I don't mind ONE BIT.

I am feeling thankful to have weathered this stretch of parenting (which I did NOT enjoy), and a little more confident and hopeful that I am moving in a direction that works for my child. I'm not exactly sure where to go from here to help her continue to improve her sleeping habits, but I have some ideas and things I'd like to try.

I have more updates to post (things that aren't baby-related), but those will have to wait for another day!

No comments: