Sunday, July 11, 2010

We have had (are having) an incredible weekend.

Yesterday, after sleeping in until 9:15 (thanks Kisa!) we walked Kisa up to the Beaverton Library fountain for one of her first kid-centric excursions. She hated the fountain, but Matt and I had a pretty good time cooling ourselves off and watching the other kids going nuts. We had forgotten about the farmer's market, so we walked through all the booths, picked up some lunch and some fresh raspberries and plenty of free samples. It was a nice surprise and a relaxing summer morning, and when we got home Kisa passed out. The only downside was that in my flurry to pack up all the baby gear, dress and sunscreen the kid, etc. I forgot to wear sunscreen myself. Ouch :(

Yesterday afternoon we took Kisa to my parents' for an overnight and Matt and I picked up some Thai food and finished off the day with take-out, Lost, and some mixed drinks. We stayed up late and turned the volume way, way up on our TV. I'm sure it doesn't sound exciting to most of you non-parents, but it was awesome.

This morning we slept in again until 9:15. It is crazy how after a couple of nights of really great sleep, my morning coffee seemed not only optional, but almost unnecessary. I can't stress how dependent I am on caffeine on a day-to-day basis. A couple of days these past weeks I have had THREE cups of coffee in one day... so it was weird to actually feel well-rested and cheerful this morning. I cleaned my whole house (showers, toilets, the whole nine) and spent 30 minutes doing my hair. (side note: last time I got my hair cut, I told my hairdresser that I am a mom to an infant and that I needed something that would be simple. She gave me an amazing haircut that requires 30 MINUTES worth of primping to look good. Who has 30 minutes to spend on their hair every day? [Don't answer that- I will hate you])

I am alittlebitkindof missing Kisa right now, but more excited to zip in and out of the grocery store with Matt, which is about ten BILLION times easier than carrying in a baby and all her paraphernalia (had to look up how to spell that), and trying to intercept all the items she somehow gets a hold of and tosses into the cart, or on the floor, or what have you.

Anyway, I'm out... not gonna waste another second of my free time blogging. :)

No comments: