Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tonight Matt and I spent some time with the Rameys. It was weird-- a response to all of the things that have happened. Or that's what it was going in. It turned into something else, and that was weird. Sometimes you find yourself saying something and you think, where did that come from? And why didn't I recognize/articulate that earlier? Today was one of those days.
Anyway, on the way home I listened to this song on the radio, and it really means nothing about this current situation, but it just felt good to listen to this at this moment. I don't really expect anyone to understand what I'm talking about, I am just talking, after all.

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

3 comments:

Ashby said...

Good song (which is now going to be stuck in my head for about eleven years).

It was really good to talk to you this morning. What you described sounds like how a verbal processor feel. As someone once put (Justin? someone else?), 'how do I know what I think until I've said it?'

I love you bebe! Thank you for being a good friend.

Unknown said...

i feel for you, especially in the light of whats going on...but good god you HAVE to find a better song that that to communicate your feelings!

beatlesxforxsale said...

hahaha! Thanks for making me smile, Terry.

:)