Monday, November 20, 2006

coming to you live from seattle

So I just woke up, and Kristin is away at class, and I am a little bored... she is coming back at 12:30, so I have to occupy myself for a couple hours. So I figured I'd write in here for a bit.
Ummmmm. So think has been a really fun trip. I have been here since Friday night. But it seems a lot longer because we packed in so much stuff on Saturday. I had breakfast at their dorm cafeteria,we went to Archie McPhee (which is this party store that has just a bunch of random things) we went shopping at the mall and went to IKEA, came home and had dinner and a Brdiget Jones marathon with her 4 roommates. Oh and ate chocolate. Later that night we visited Jon (Kristin's boyfriend) and his friend who were camping out to wait for the Nintendo Wii, which was released yesterday. (We got to play it earlier that day when we were at the mall and let me just say it is fantastic and I am in love.) They had to wait all night, of course, but we only joined them for a couple hours. We came home/went to sleep around 3:30. It was a fun day, but I was sooooooo tired.
Yesterday (Sunday) we got up early and I visited Kristin's church. It was rad. They have a really cool story about how they got their building. The pastor was basically called to move to Seattle from some midwestern state (I forget which one) and he spent a few years trying to build his church in the Seattle area. They were meeting in peoples homes because they didn't have a building. Then out of nowhere a church just gave them a building right in the perfect location. And it is beautiful.
I have to admit I was a little bit jealous when I heard that story. Plus, it sounds like they have never really had any financial difficulties, even though their church is comprised mostly of college kids and they had around 30 regular givers. I was a little jealous of that, too. But they have a really cool church. Their worship band was comprised of these super talented musicians, but they sang church songs that I knew, which was nice (I hate visiting churches and not knowing the songs). The pastor gave one of the most convicting sermons I've heard in a long time. Apparently the church is working their way through proverbs. Yesterday they were dealing with repairing broken relationships and he talked specifically about gossip, forgiveness, etc. It was crazy and hit home in every possible way. I also think it was what I needed to hear in terms of dealing with my brother...
Anyway. After church on Sunday we basically pooped out for the rest of the day... hung out with Jon for a bit, went to a coffee shop... I took two naps and still managed to fall asleep around 9:30. It was rainy and cold so it was the kind of day you want to spend inside anyway. It was quite enjoyable. We watched Sense and Sensibility and I read my book (Glass Castle, which is awesome by the way... EVERYONE should read it).
And now, having woken up, and blogged thoroughly, I should shower so that I can be ready to eat my last dorm meal when Kristin returns...
yup, I'm off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i love you and i had so much fun and i'm glad you came. i hope the train ride home was better then it was here and i'm excited to see you in like 3 days. wooty woot woo.

Anonymous said...

You still haven't answered the question I left on my blog about the Wii.

I guess there's some reason why Ethnos doesn't get to have the same kinds of experiences. I hope there's a reason at least. It's not entirely enjoyable.