Saturday, November 25, 2006

I think I am going to spend the time I used to spend blogging, journaling instead. The reasons for this are twofold:
1) I don't see the point of blogging if not for community, and it doesn't seem like it is really providing the same community-building opportunities it used to
2) I am restricted in my ability to speak freely on the web, and the time I spend writing these blogs replaces the time I would be able to spend journaling in a private diary... which I think would be more beneficial to me as an individual at this point in my life.

This doesn't mean I am never going to blog again, it just means I probably will do it Todd-style from now on... you know, every six months or so.

10 comments:

Paulos said...

sadness

Unknown said...

sadness x2

is this one of those "i am going to stop blogging" but then two weeks later you start again kinda things?
i certainly hope so.

and why should you censor your posts? the results can be both exciting and controversial (improved readership) if you simply speak your mind.

Anonymous said...

I understand, but think it's sad too... this is often how I know what is going on with you... but you need to be able to process your thoughts completely. Do what you need to!

Anonymous said...

Will you start e-mailing me then? It's hard to know what's going on in your life when you never call me.

PS - ITS SNOWING! I'm going crazy here trying to do homework.

Anonymous said...

oh and just in case you don't have it, my e-mail is kirkk@spu.edu

Anonymous said...

Lame.

Did you get a talking to from someone about things you wrote?

It seems like you're going to an extreme. You don't have write every thought on a blog but you don't have to leave the rest of us in the dark either.

Dave Ketah said...

That is too bad, I'll miss reading and commenting on your posts.

Paulos said...

I like Ciara blog I don't want to see it die :(

Unknown said...

I am going to miss your updates- this has been a very efficient way of getting to know you better during a life of busy schedules.

Unknown said...

post. post. post