Wednesday, January 17, 2007

slammed!

Today was another crazy day at work. I spent over 8 hours there and pretty much the only thing I did all day was attend to immediate needs. Forget planning ahead for anything. Usually we have a pretty good system down, but with the bad weather and people off school and work, it has been literally nonstop for two full days. Everybody was working really hard, and a ton of people couldn't make it in for their shifts, so people came in early and stayed long after they were supposed to. Shineadth even came in early and went to QFC to get us more milk (we ran out because our dairy shipment didn't come in last night). So, basically, things were... hectic.
I've heard the weather report for tonight is not good, and the art institute was closed all day today, which means I might miss my classes tomorrow. I am not too happy about that-- I really want to go. I guess it might be nice to have a break, but honestly, if roads/schools are closed tomorrow, and I don't get to go in for classes, I will probably just pick up an extra shift at work... they will probably need me.

Anyway. I am going to go do my homework, because if I do have school tomorrow, I want to be prepared. :)

6 comments:

Jenn Sanders said...

You just want to go to school so you can treat yourself to a "Double tall, 2 pump white mocha, 1 pump regular mocha, no whip, extra foam, extra hot latte". :-) (for the rest of us, it's a "Black & White Mocha - slightly altered)
I don't know if I got it in the right order, but I think it's all there...

beatlesxforxsale said...

hahahahahaha. Oh my gosh, Jenn. The fact that you remembered that amazes me. You NEED to come and work at starbucks.

(PS- you got it in the right order-- but you are missing the caramel drizzle) ;)

Dave Ketah said...

Sounds like a character building experience you are having there! I don't know about all those fancy coffee drinks, but hang in there!

Anonymous said...

so in talking to my mother this evening... i realized there was confusion with the california trip!

so, i bought my ticket for feb 9th. my flight gets into lax around 11:45am. my mom and i booked a room at the westin (heavenly beds!) in costa mesa. so close to disneyland and brianna.

i was thinking you were going down a few days earlier to hang out with brianna and becky? obviously you're more than welcome (encouraged) to say at the hotel with us! there is a chance diana is coming and i think jon might be too. it's a little party in cali.

i think we're planning on going to disneyland on saturday. but that's about all i have on my agenda. perhaps dinner with brianna friday night.

let me know what you think. we'll talk friday when i get home!

i love you!

Jenn Sanders said...

Dang that caramel drizzle!

Paulos said...

wow, that sounds way too sweet, more like cream + syrup with a shot of coffee added in.