Sunday, April 09, 2006

3 years of April 9th

Just for fun... I went through my old blogs today and looked up what I had written on this date for the past three years. Kind of interesting. I am posting them in chronological order...

(Sophmore year of HS)
April 9, 2003
The Princess Classics

Let me just say this: I know sometimes I may sound like I have mental issues or something, but really I have had a lot to struggle through in my life and the majority of it I have struggled through alone. When I say what I'm thinking it is a rare expression of the true state of my life and generally something I'm not happy with. So yes, everyone, be frustrated with me because I act stupid sometimes, selfish and hyper, and I can't calm down or be serious with you. I'm not being sarcastic: i do deserve it. i just want people to understand that I am just as frustrated with myself. But, yes... I would never tell them that, especially those who need to hear it, and I don't view it as an excuse for my behavior.
In fact, i don't belive in subjecting other people to my issues. So, in that thinking, maybe it's sick of me to write in here even, but the motivation is stronger and it's been making me feel, if not good, at least not quite as shitty.



(Junior year of HS)
April 9, 2004


Flattery is like gum. Enjoy it, but don't swallow it.








(Senior year of HS)
April 9, 2005

wow, I feel like shit. 
i think i need to go to the doctor.
i'm just posting because last night i got an e-mail from one of my dad's work associates who I've been working on for months about the AIDS crisis. The first conversation we had, I remember, he told me AIDS was "population control"; survival of the fittest in action. I went home and cried and didn't talk to him for like 2 weeks. 
Anyway, last night he e-mailed me to say he wants to make out a check to support our sister school in Kenya, because he was pretty touched by the presentation we gave last week. 
He also asked me how he could help with raising awareness and if there was any more information I could give him to pass on to others. 
I just thought I'd share because I was so excited about it. Other people getting involved is really exciting for me. Honestly, I think my experiences from the past few months have been the most rewarding of my entire life. 
I just keep thinking about some kid getting a roof over their head, or clothes or shoes, or breakfast this morning... and that just makes me smile. 
Okay... I'm going to the doc now. Everybody have an amazing weekend!








....yeah... ok, so i was bored...

No comments: