Tuesday, April 18, 2006

tuesday 04.18.06

I am pretty damn miserable right now.
I know that in the real world, people often act like they're not upset when they really are. I don't understand this game. I really value emotional honesty in other people and I make a concious effort to be honest myself about how I'm feeling or what I'm thinking. Relationships are hard enough without lying or masking how you feel, so I choose to be honest and open. It really, really bites me in the ass a lot of the time. But at least at the end of the day if there is a miscommunication I can say that it wasn't because I was afraid to be vulnerable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't know how to pretend to be happy when I'm not, either. I think that is what makes us emo. Not the fact that we get upset- the fact that we show it.

("I dress the way I feel"- Paul Ramey)

Unknown said...

paul feels trendy?

Anonymous said...

hahaha. Apparently. No- I said something to him at a meeting about how he doesn't dress his age and he said this speech that ended up sounding really emo/art kid.