Wednesday, March 08, 2006

oh yeah, i should title this.

I just took a sleeping pill so I figure I have about 15-20 minutes of coherent thought before I crash. Tommorrow morning I have to be able to get up around 6:45ish to drive Ash to the airport. She is going to a wedding in Pennsylvania. She will be gone all weekend which is sad, but she is leaving her car to console me (which is happy).
The past couple days have been mentally exhausting. I am finishing up a non-threatening argument on freewill vs. determinism. It's been a lot of research- everything from Plato/Socrates (Crito) to Martin Luther King Jr. to William Stace to Stanley Milgram. It is a philosophical thesis and therefore the scientific support for it is minimal, which has been pretty frustrating. We are debating it in a couple of weeks. I have chosen to take a lot of theological arguments into consideration (we were allowed to choose our audience, so I chose a religious one). Let me tell you- working out a theory on this issue has been challenging. Biblica(oh crap my computer just made the loudest cash register noise and it scared the crap outta me)lly, there is quite a grey area that seems open to a lot of speculation, and I don't want to mistreat the Scriptures for the sake of arguing a point in my English class.
On the other hand, I have come to respect Martin Luther King Jr as a MASTER OF RHETORIC. He is one of the most talented speakers/writers I have ever heard studied. His "Letter from Birmingham Jail" was a completely airtight argument against segregation. MLK has such great charisma. I will probably write about this more when I am finished with my argument, because I will have more time!
We are coming up on the final two weeks of the term, which means spring break! And my friends are coming home. I have missed them so much the past couple of weeks. I feel like I am finally settling in here for real, but talking to Brianna and Matt and Kess and Kristin still makes me a bit sad, because I regularly wish they were here with me (especially Brianna and Matt, who I am not used to being apart from).
However, spring break also means: finals week, something which I am not thrilled about. I have a billion projects due. My creativity is pretty low right now. It's going to be a pain getting through these next couple weeks.
Okay, I am feeling myself getting pretty tired now so it's time to crash... mmm I love ambien. it is sweet like candy.

Last but not least. The following are the messages my friend Terry sent to me today while I was away from my computer. I am posting them for your enjoyment :
wasmachstdugern1 (6:51:43 PM): [this comment is censored to maintain the family-friendliness of my blog] hello
Auto-reponse from audioangel2 (6:51:44 PM): "There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love." -Martin Luther King Jr.
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:00 PM): your quote is so true and so veryepicurean
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:08 PM): very epicurean*
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:20 PM): and buddhist now that i think about it
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:28 PM): so im gonna leave some words for you
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:38 PM): you will find thwem upon your return to the abode
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:49 PM): they will be both pleasing and informative words
wasmachstdugern1 (6:52:52 PM): words of joy and peace
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:02 PM): words that make one happy and moist in the eyeballs
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:13 PM): moistness is the essence of godliness you know
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:23 PM): so they say
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:29 PM): how long will it continue?
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:34 PM): who knows but the author?
wasmachstdugern1 (6:53:54 PM): perhaps even the author is unawares of the magnitude of his meanderings and wordinesseseseseseses
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:06 PM): verbosity is godliness?
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:11 PM): surely i hope that is true
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:14 PM): for as you can see..
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:23 PM): i am the first and am attaining the second
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:37 PM): indeed things look up for old t dawg
wasmachstdugern1 (6:54:45 PM): t dizzle for my friends
wasmachstdugern1 (6:55:04 PM): you are a friend
wasmachstdugern1 (6:55:16 PM): that is why i have taken part of my busy day to say
wasmachstdugern1 (6:55:27 PM): welcome home steven

thanks terry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

words of wisdom and wonder from a guru.

WE HAVE NO FREEWILL.

i am so adamant on this fact that i am tattooing an exploding dog picture entitled 'none of them knew they were robots' on my arms that is a visual representation of this truth. it shows some robots wearing human masks shaking hands. it is phenomenal.