Tuesday, March 21, 2006

this is how we roll.

So my dad is in Malaysia and my mom and sister are up in Seattle, and Daniel and I are spending the week alone at the casa. The last thing my mom said to me as she walked out the door was, "No wild parties."
Hah.
We have spent the last two days alone, indoors, bonding over pizza and TV shows. So occasionally I have left the house to take my finals (it is finals week) or to go up to the video store to rent another movie to waste our time... but pretty much this is all we have done. Yes, we are worthless human beings. But it has been a lot of fun.
Last night we made a bad decision that involved borrowing season one of The Shield from Todd. Everybody is talking about this show and how badass it is, so of course I have to check it out. Give it the film student stamp of approval. AND yeah... it's badass. Now my brother is addicted. He actually called in sick to work and stayed home all day and watched it. He already finished the entire first season and is a quarter of the way through the second (he did this in ONE DAY, mind you). That means there was pretty much no break in between episodes or anything. I think he got off the couch like, three times this whole day.
Of course I say this like I was not involved in this, but I definitely was...
Point being, it is only Tuesday, and there is probably a week or so of similar behavior to come. Also, my brother is my favorite person in the whole world, even though when we are together we become incredibly lazy and basically worthless human beings.

In other news, there is this guy who works at the Blockbuster by my parents' house. His name is Justin Cook. I think I have written about him before. He goes to my school and he is a game art major and a pretty cool dude. We get along really well and whenever I go to rent movies up there I usually end up talking to him for about a half hour. Sometimes he gives me free rentals or waives my late fees. Occasionally I feel bad about this, but it isn't like I'm trying to manipulate him or anything. I'm not the kind of girl who flirts her way into and out of situations. But I also am not going to turn down free movie rentals.
Anywayyyyy... so when Daniel and I went up there to get the shield, Justin was working, and I asked him how his finals were going, etc etc... and he offered me a job. He said he was waiting for me to come in so he could ask me about it because I seemed like I would be a good worker. And he pretty much guaranteed I would get it if I wanted it. And that he would work around my schedule.
I don't really want to work at blockbuster and for some reason I feel guilty that I got this job offer. But I really do need the money. Lately I am learning what "starving artist" really means, and it's not fun. I guess I am really not in the position to turn down a job that will give me grocery money. So why do I feel uneasy about this?
We'll see how this plays out. Of course I will probably see Justin tomorrow, as soon as Blockbuster opens, when Daniel goes to pick up his next hit of the Shield. I wonder if he can even make it through the night without a new episode. He might start convulsing and puking up blood. Only time will tell....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i have the other four seasons on the computer if you want them.
AND HOLY SHIT DID YOU SEE THE SEASON FINALE TONIGHT!?!?!?!
i wont ruin it but god it was amazing.

beatlesxforxsale said...

yeah, I heard. i didn't watch it though, cause I am still on season 2. freaking addictive...