Wednesday, March 01, 2006

victory, torn from my exhausted, blistered, graphite-covered fingers...

uhhh. the Art Institute stole my homework assignment. The one I was really proud of. I got an A on it and then instead of getting it returned to me, with a "nice work, Owen," it was confiscated for the school's use.
When we enroll we sign an agreement that says the Art Insitute is allowed to use any and all artwork produced by us during our educational journey for the benefit of the school. Basically, we sign away the rights to reprinting/distributing our own artwork.
What a dumb thing to do. I just want my drawing back, cause it took me a long time and I want to show my mommy. To be completely honest.
I got back my cell phones/driving paper too. I got an A-, which was about what I was expecting. Not bad. We are about to get into a debate about the extent to which we have freewill, and how social factors can hinder/encourage pursuing your own free will. I am excited. If I can hold it together in my PVC class, I should finish this term with some decent grades.
Okay I need some sleep. I'm short on that lately.

4 comments:

Paulos said...

Do they keep it forever? What if it gets outdated and they change it out for a new one. Do you get it back then?

Unknown said...

what are you really trying to communicate with this post? are you really upset or are you pointing out that your work was so good as to warrant confistaction by the school?

egoist.

T said...

Wouldn't you mommy have confiscated the drawing for the greater benefit of the houshold refridgerator? Or was that just when your younger?

T said...

Horrible grammar... should have been "you were" younger...