Saturday, July 01, 2006

over the past few days i always wake up in a state of panic. my first instinct waking up is to call everyone i love to make sure they're okay. i have to resist the desire to do so. i don't want to bother people and i know im just being paranoid. thank god for text messaging so i can just send random texts pretending i actually have something to talk about. most people react better to a text that's all, "hey what are you up to?" or "what are you doing tonight?" than a phone call at 8am where i'm just stammering, "uhhh... ummm... so you're still alive, right?"
it is a little silly, but i want to KNOW that the people I love are safe. If I can't be physically with them all the time I want to be talking to them as much as is possible.
so feel free to check in with me as much as you'd like. it would be a relief if in the midst of my morning panic attack i could grab my phone and see good morning texts from all of you. it would save me from having to think up a bunch of ridiculous unimportant questions to ask you. and it would save you from having to answer them.

=)

No comments: