Friday, May 19, 2006

bio/scriptwriting

I have a huge biology paper due today. I'm really not looking forward to typing it but it must be done. I'm trying to warm up my brain by writing in here.
My scriptwriting class last night was amazing. Turned in scene 3, got back scene 2. Alex helped me calm down about the pace of my story and got me back on track. I am starting to get a little unsure of myself. I need to write a lot faster and my story is really complex. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a handle on it.
The best part was a conversation I had with Jackie (she is my teacher). I was asking her if there was a way to get more experience writing features. There are only two Script classes at my school and the 2nd is for short films. The thing is I feel like I have a surprisingly good handle on this kind of writing. It comes pretty naturally and my characters take on a life of their own really fast.
Anyway, Jackie told me independent studies are available every term and she could help me out in the fall if I take advanced scriptwriting with her. She also told me I am a good writer and that she would like to work with me more.
That is the best compliment coming from Jackie, because she actually works in the field and has for years. She is an extremely good writer. I'm kind of in love with her. Everyone in DMP is. She's a genius.
Anyway it felt good to hear that from her. And to get feedback from Eli and Alex. I have a lot of work to do the next couple weeks. I get to have a private conference with Jackie next week. So excited.

Okay... on to bio. Ugh, I am totally dreading this. This class is completely kicking my ass right now. I have a huge presentation due in three weeks and I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it... I somehow got stuck as group leader and now everyone seems to be looking to me for direction. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PULL THIS OFF IN THREE WEEKS. I have too much on my plate. Yeah, I am going to figure out some way to do it, but I can already tell this is going to be a pain in the ass.
Okay... I am done writing for real. Off to do my homework.

No comments: