Friday, May 05, 2006

A nice way to end a long week...

It feels like the longest day ever. Color theory today was the longest 4 hours of my life. We studied the physics of color theory, linear perspective, social connotations, etc. And colored pencils. I drew a mango. If it wasn't for Eli I might have had a mental breakdown... Cynthia is never going to give me an A no matter how hard I work. lame.

I forgot about Cinco De Mayo, but it turned out to be an ok night. Noah had a barbecue on the roof of our building (he is my buddy who lives across the hall). It is so beautiful up there in the evening when you can see the whole city. The sunset and everything. It was fun. (some cute older guys, too... haha. and i am sooooo smooth. i have flirting down to a science, i swear.)
After that we went to this lady's house who makes/sells custom art tiles. They were really cool. It was one of those rich "art snob" parties... I guess now that we're "artists" we've earned our way into their social circle. But, really, I had a good time. We hung out and talked about tiles and everybody else drank margaritas while I drank root beer. Yum. (I was DD. Not that I was going to drink anyway, but that is not my favorite job. It is wonderful being 18 when all my friends are like, 25... but anyway, that's a seperate issue.)
Then up to Council Crest to hang out for a bit. Got lost and took a long detour. Then home.

ANYWAY. On a more important note...
As it turns out, I spoke too soon about my dad being ok. He got incredibly sick this week. He is running a temp of 102.7 and above, and has been for a couple days now. I came home to bring him some movies and make sure he is ok. He has to preach on Sunday and as of right now I would say that might not happen.
It's only 12 but I'm exhausted... I have to work in the morning... I have a lot more to say but I will save it I guess.

Hope everyone else had a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poor dad. Does that mean he's not going on the Fortune-drinkathon?

Also, what's the point of flirting hard-core if we don't get to date for...5 more weeks, is it?